$345.00 – $387.00
PortBox 2 device: the RS-232/485 to Ethernet converter. Full serial port RS-232, Web interface, TCP/IP, Windows Virtual Serial Port for free. Plain unit only.
PortBox2 is a RS-232 and RS-485 serial port to Ethernet converter. PortBox2 features a truly full RS-232 serial port (9-pin). The serial port converter can be connected to a PC over the LAN, with the serial port accessible in Windows as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP).
A built in web server is used for configuring. Using the free HW VSP3 application up to 100 remote serial ports can be connected to one PC.
RS-232 port of PortBox2 can be simultaneously used for data collecting (CDR/SMDR, PBX call accounting) and for remote access as Virtual Serial Port. Two devices can be connected in Box-2-Box mode. In this mode, the RS232/485 serial line is extended (tunneled) over the LAN.
- 1x full serial port RS-232/485 with 9-bit communication support
- M2M communication protocols: http, Telnet, TCP Server, TCP Client/Server.
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server, Telnet.
- Full RS-232 serial port (9 pins: RxD, TxD, GND, CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, RI, CD).
- RS-485 serial interface: up to 115,200 Bd.
- Free SW HW VSP3 : Virtual Serial Port for Windows (NT service, x64 systems). Supports up to 100 remote serial ports.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW. Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- Remote control of power and other technology over RS-232 and RS-485
- Remote control of displays and signal lights
- RFID card readers, online access control systems
- Vending machines
- Security alarms
- Access control systems
- Barcode scanners
Plain unit, Total set(Tset)